At New England Woodcraft, we’re always looking for new materials and practices that help reduce pollutants and protect natural resources. We are committed to remain a leader in the industry with regard to environmental issues.
The lumber used in the construction of our products comes from natural generation, bio-diverse forests. We do not use any monoculture, plantation grown species due to their negative economic, environmental and social impact.
- New England Woodcraft has been certified by Materials Analytical Services, LLC
(certificate #MAS-1500847) for Low VOC emitting in accordance with the following standards:
- New England Woodcraft Inc., utilizes decorative plywood that meets all California Air Resources Board Phase 2 (CARB2) formaldehyde levels.
- We purchase packaging materials made from recycled materials such as corner protectors and cardboard.
- Cardboard from our received product shipments is collected, bundled, and sent to local recycle facilities.
- Waste wood product, including scrap from our production processes and pallets, are ground into sawdust, and then given to local dairy farmers for use as an organic bedding material for their livestock.
- Waste metal and plastics are segregated for recycling.
New England Woodcraft has long been recognized for our development of non-solvent based finishing processes.
We’ve received recognition from both the State of Vermont and the EPA for our commitment to reducing pollutants by reducing VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions from our finishing processes by over 95%. We’ve eliminated solvent base finishes and invested in state-of-the-art water base and UV (Ultraviolet) finishing equipment.
The finishes we use are chosen not only for quality and wear resistance but for compliance to environmental standards and the health and safety of our employees. We use a UV cured finish and a New Coat water base finishes. Our UV cured finish consists of 100% solids, emitting virtually zero V.O.C.’s, and has almost no waste by-products. Our New Coat water base finish contains only 0.89 pounds of VOC’s per gallon, and produces a minimal amount of non-hazardous waste. (Federal and state regulations specify that V.O.C. emissions must be lower than 5.6 pounds per gallon).
New England Woodcraft continues to research new materials and practices to help reduce pollutants and protect our natural resources. We are committed to remain a leader in the industry with regard to environmental issues.